The story of "Little Jim," a severely disabled boy, appears in the San Francisco Examiner. With no room at Children's Hospital to treat him, the city rallies to raise $30,000 and in that same year, The Little Jim Building is erected. "Little Jim" is its first occupant. A group of civic-minded women who volunteer their services in this facility became the first members of The Little Jim Club.
The Little Jim Club is officially formed. As the hospital grows, The Club expands its volunteer activities to include public fundraising for additional pediatric needs.
The Club is newly organized after an inactive period during World War II.
The Mardi Gras Ball, originally sponsored by Children's Hospital at the beginning of the 1900's, is revived by The Little Jim Club after a 17-year lapse. The oldest black-tie ball in San Francisco becomes the primary fundraising event for The Club.
The Club is incorporated as a tax-exempt charitable organization.
The Little Jim Club hosts its 50th annual Mardi Gras Ball. To date, over $3.1 million. has been donated in support of pediatric programs at the hospital.
The Club invites men to join.